Monday, December 21, 2009

[thinking some more]

"Wherever the soul turns, unless it turns to YOU [God], it clings to sorrow itself. World is filled with beautfiul creations. So even tho it clings to things of beauty, if their beauty is outside God, it only clings to sorrow."

a lot has happened since my last post--school's over for the semester and the last few days were interesting to say the least...I don't know how some stuff happened, but they just did... and there's no turning back i guess

I swear, Dan and I were the last kids on campus--after rolling out and saying our goodbyes, we headed over to the mall with our friends, decided to stay over despite the crazy blizzard coming, and to wake up with about 5 inches of snow(at least) on the ground...the drive to Philly was definitely a 3 hour sleigh ride and I wouldn't do it again for the life of me... although it did give me time to think, reflect of this crazy semester, pray, and see where I needed forgiveness ...it was then I decided I needed a change in my life...

dropped dan off, drove to a snowless nj, only to relive the entire blizzard all over again--since then I've slept prior to 11 each night(with the exception of tonight) and woke up at 9AM-the most sleep ive gotten in years.. and was able to shop and catch up with friends

but with all of my time relaxing and thinking to my self, I've realized that whatever temporary pleasure this world has to offer me... the beauty of this world, the people, and places, and the things... it is nothing compared to the love and forgiveness that God has provided and for the Heaven that God has in store for us...and that I need to realize these things before I become tempted to the things of this world and to fulfill my Earthly desires...

if only I had thought about this last week....if only..

No comments:

Post a Comment