Thursday, October 15, 2009

And for the first time, I know, I'll be okay

Last night was amazing. We had InterVarsity Large Group on wednesday because of UD's fall break(AKA just another 3 day weekend) this upcoming Friday. It was great because I got to see lots of my friends that I hung out with during the retreat this past weekend. After a bunch of us went back, rented I Love You Man at blockbuster and watched it at my "home theatre" that is my dorm room hah. After we stayed up till 3:45 jamming to my guitar, being stupid, singing really loud, and watching hilarious youtube videos. One of the best nights I had thus far...

Slept in through my alarm for the 3rd day in a row.....you may think that this would be a bad thing but for me, this is huge.... For about 2 years, I've been going through sleeping problems--insomnia and narcolepsy-- and also this weird pattern where I would wake up at 645 regardless of when I fall asleep. So if I go to bed at 3AM, I'd still wake up about 4 hours later, without fail, without my alarm, and I won't be able to go back to sleep no matter how much I try....So essentially its been 2-3 years since I've slept in.

But the last few days, I've slept more than 6 hours, and woke up at around 8 or 9 which is amazing. I'm becoming normal again!

But there is something deeper and more exciting about all this. For the last few years, I have been battling depression and anxiety, and my psychiatrist connected my insomnia to that fact. But recently, I feel as though I have had a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I don't know if its because I'm trusting God more with my life, or I am more satisfied with how things are going with my friendships, or that I'm just generally much happier with life these days..... I'm not too sure... but I'm almost certain this depression is slowly going away. And that's huge.

It may be that I'm battling my problems and issues directly, by talking with people instead of hiding my problems, which is new for me. Maybe its because I'm praying a bit more about my problems and asking God to intercede in my life. Whatever it is, I praise God for helping me through this.

It's a brand new day
The Sun is Shinging
It's a brand new day
For the first time
In a long long time
I know, I'll be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment