Friday, May 7, 2010

[things fall apart... and eventually....they come together]

Oh how long has it been since I've blogged. Can't say I've been too busy... more like lazy. But lots of things have happened since I've last written. Long story short:
I have a lovely, beautiful girlfriend-- Lauren Muller <3 as of April 19, 2010.
I got into graduate school as of April 21, 2010.
And I am finally 22, and spent my birthday weekend at Wildwood and in Philadelphia with my best friends to watch the Phillies CRUSH the Mets (what a Glorious Day), and then got Cheesesteaks at Pat's at midnight when I turned 22.... great birthday!

The one thing I've been seeing in my life is how GOD works in miraculous ways, and also how he works in his time, not on ours. I definitely waited a long time to hear about my Grad school acceptance. In all honesty, with my grades, I wasn't too optimistic about my graduate school acceptance. I didn't think I was good enough for grad school, seeing how much I slacked the last 3 years. But even God surpassed my doubts and He made things work. I also had been waiting a long time to ask Lauren; I had been having my doubts as to whether I was ready for a relationship as well as whether Lauren had the same feelings for me. But when I finally mustered up the confidence to as her out(as well as the support from about a number of my close friends heh.. thanks for the encouragement guys), it was well worth the wait! I think God needed me to figure out my life and to learn more about her before I thrusted myself into the relationship, even though I probably could have asked her out a month prior and the answer would've been the same (Hopefully :P)

One thing I've learned to realize is that God has gotten me through some rough times. He has helped me in my storms and dark times and each time, he has taken me to the peak of the mountain to catch a glimmer of sunshine peaking through the clouds, reminding me that there is more to this life. And each journey through the dark forest, he's promised me a way out, and he's never broken that promise. Because of his amazing track record in my life, I am growing stronger and stronger in His trust. I've been able to go into trials and tribulations knowing that He is teaching me to Let Go and to trust and that He will carry me on eagle's wings. Things will never be easy, and each new trial is 10x harder than the last, but it's only building perseverance in my trust and maturity in God.

In James 1:2-4 it says : Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I have learned what it means to fully live this out and I pray that you too can understand what it means to fully surrender and persevere. I have also learned the "secret to be content" in whatever situation I've been placed in, because my faith in God has provided me that secret:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:12-13

I pray that you can understand this verse and truly understand that with God, you can be fully content in life, whether in need or want, whether well fed or Hungry. When you're suffering, depressed, in need , thirsty for something more, as I have been in life, realize the Gift of Love and Grace that God has given you, and your will learn the secret to be content in any and all of these situations.

1 comment:

  1. Hey marc, loved this blog! Congrats on being accepted to grad school & congrats on your new relationship with Lauren! Looks like this is a season of blessings for you, and I know you'll honor God in these two aspects of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete